2011 NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football PicksThursday, December 1, 2011 23:03
2011 NFL Week 13 fantasy football player picks.
2011 NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football
Despite the thinning pool of talent from which to select, I had a massive showing in Week 12 of Suicide Fantasy Football, amongst my best of the season and tops for the week in the entire Celeb – Pro – Blogger League. Honestly, I didn’t think there was a chance in heck of me slamming home 105 points this late in the year. Since my general strategy has been to front load the best players as much as possible–to ensure that I have an opportunity to use them at all with the spectre of injury always looming)–score what I can and then try to hang on towards the end, it becomes progressively harder for me to have a huge week as the season goes on.
But I did. Can I follow it up with another in Week 13?
- Quarterback – Mark Sanchez (New York Jets): Not a big fan of Sanchez. Too many mistakes; I don’t see him every being a Super Bowl quarterback unless he finds some way to reinvent himself. But he’s playing a weak Washington squad and the Jets need a win to stay alive in the playoff hunt.
- Running Back – BenJarvus GreenEllis (New England Patriots): One of my favorite names in football. He rarely puts up huge rushing numbers due to the pass-happy Patriots, but he is an integral cog in the New England machine. Always a chance to catch a few in there with Brady at the helm.
- Running Back – Mike Tolbert (San Diego Chargers): Not a pick I love, but a case of taking what is remaining to me. I am really hurting in the running back department. Tolbert’s a solid second back, which role he fills in nicely behind Ryan Mathews.
- Wide Receiver – Santonio Holmes (New York Jets): I’m banking on Holmes showing up strong on the receiving end of things if Sanchez does indeed have the game the Jets need him to have. Santonio has had strong if not mega-fantasy numbers this year, but what is important is his consistency.
- Wide Receiver – Antonio Brown (Pittsburgh Steelers): Brown has emerged as the Steelers’ second best receiving option this season behind Mike Wallace. Critical game for the Steelers facing the vastly improved Bengals; Pittsburgh cannot afford to lose this game. With Wallace likely to draw the majority of the coverage, Brown should have a good chance to shine.
- Tight End – Brandon Pettigrew (Detroit Lions): Pettigrew was among the better tight ends in the game even before the resurgence of the Lions this year. For all their greatness on offense, the New Orleans Saints suffer from the same defensive woes as the Patriots (only 25th in the league). Pettigrew and the Lions offense will need to come into the game fired up to bolster the defense suffering from the suspension of Suh.
- Kicker – Mason Crosby (Green Bay Packers): I was surprised to learn that I hadn’t already played Crosby. Kicker for the best team in the game with the fourth-ranked offense? Crosby’s leg will always see action; the only question is whether for PATs or FGs.
- Team Defense – New England Patriots:
????? The Patriots? Last in the league in almost every defensive category, those Patriots? Are you kidding me? Yes. Funny thing about New England. As bad as the Pats have been on defense, they are a top ten team in points allowed, which means they make the stops when they need to do so, despite all the yards they give up. Probably has something to do with being near the top in interceptions, too. Oh, and the Patriots are playing the hopeless Colts.
One Response to “2011 NFL Week 13 Fantasy Football Picks”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.