2011 NFL Week 12 Fantasy Football PicksWednesday, November 23, 2011 21:45
2011 NFL Week 12 fantasy football player picks.
2011 NFL Week 12 Fantasy Football
You may have noticed that there was no post for Week 11 of Suicide Fantasy Football. I did not forget to pick; in fact, I did well enough to solidify myself once again in second place. I did not forget to post either, but I was out of town with shaky internet and I had hit or miss luck posting to the site. My weekly SFF picks were one of those articles that consistently failed.
But back home, things should be more robust again, so here I am with Week 12:
- Quarterback – Matt Ryan (Atlanta Falcons): Quietly the Falcons have maintained one of the NFL’s better passing attacks, while Ryan is in the top ten in SFF quarterback points. Meanwhile, the Vikings are 2-8 for good reason on both sides of the ball.
- Running Back – LeGarrette Blount (Tampa Bay Buccaneers): It has been a disappointing season for the Buccaneers so far in 2011 after going 10-6 in 200, but at 4-6 Tampa Bay still has an outside, slim chance at the playoffs. Perhaps the biggest highlight of the year was Blount’s 54-yard TD run against the Green Bay Packers last week. And despite a weak year so far, Blount could still run for a 1,000-yard season if he finishes strong. He’s talented enough to do so, and facing a Titans team ranked 22nd against the run in Week 12 would be a good place to start.
- Running Back – Reggie Bush (Miami Dolphins): It’s hard to believe that just three weeks ago the Dolphins were winless and now they are on a three-game winning streak. Bush has four touchdowns over the stretch, so he has been an integral part of that resurgence even though he hasn’t racked up that many yards. They will need more from him if they are to continue to build on that streak against the Cowboys.
- Wide Receiver – Laurent Robinson (Dallas Cowboys): Speaking of which…the boys from Dallas are on a three-game win streak of their own and have taken four out of five to move into first place in the NFC East. Romo is spreading the ball around and Robinson has been one of the many benefactors. He has five touchdowns in his last four games and against the Dolphins could very well be primed for more.
- Wide Receiver – Brandon Lloyd (St. Louis Rams): It’s kind of fun trying to pick the diamond in the rough to stand out in a match-up of two abysmal teams, in this case the 2-8 Rams and the 3-7 Cardinals. Such is the sort of selection that can fly below the radar; definitely the best time to grab someone off a weak squad. I’ll go with Lloyd, a consistent performer who has put up decent numbers in only five games so far this year.
- Tight End – Jermaine Gresham (Cincinnati Bengals): You have to like what is going on in Cincinnati with the resurgence of the Bengals under rookie quarterback Andy Dalton, his receiving squad, and their defense. Second year tight end Gresham has been a significant part of that strong Bengals youth movement. After two straight tough losses against the more experienced Steelers and Ravens, the Bengals will bounce back this week against Cleveland and expect Gresham to see the ball as Dalton spreads it around.
- Kicker – Matt Bryant (Atlanta Falcons): Bryant has always been a consistent kicker. This year he is 18 of 19 on field goal attempts and perfect for the year on extra points.
- Team Defense – Houston Texans:
Houston has had offense for a few years; protecting was always the question. Right now, the Texans are ranked #1 in the league on defense. Alas for Houston, the offense may now be in question due to injuries, so the Texans will need the D to continue to hold it together to keep their playoff hopes alive.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.