2011 NFL Week 10 Fantasy Football PicksWednesday, November 9, 2011 23:10
2011 NFL Week 10 fantasy football player picks.
2011 NFL Week 10 Fantasy Football
After an abysmal Week 8 of Suicide Fantasy Football, I recovered somewhat in Week 9. I still did not have a good week in terms of actual score–or even intra-week ranking–but it was enough to step me back up to #3 in the season-to-date rankings.
As we move into the second half of the season, placement relative to my competition is all for which I can hope. Too many of the top players are off the table, so monster weekly scores are no more. So for Week 10, my players are:
- Quarterback – Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers): Rivers have had a couple of absolutely terrible weeks, easily the worst back to back of his career. But he has demonstrated over the years that he is far too good a quarterback for that to continue. If he cannot get it together for a rivalry game against the Raiders at home, then the problems are truly serious.
- Running Back – Michael Bush (Oakland Raiders): Bush gave a solid performance in the Week 9 absence of Darren McFadden, who once again will not play in Week 10. He’s the type of backup you look forward to playing, and considering the SFF’s one-and-done format, the type for whom it is a good bet to leap in and play when a injury to the starter upgrades his role in order to maximize his potential.
- Running Back – Chris Johnson (Tennessee Titans): Johnson’s numbers have not been strong so far this year, but considering his previous seasons, the hope remains that he will break out sooner or later. Week 10 has the Titans squaring off against a Carolina team that is ranked 27th against the run.
- Wide Receiver – Vincent Jackson (San Diego Chargers): Jackson has been very poorly (and unfairly) treated by the Chargers front office, and said treatment has negatively affected his game, especially at the beginning of the season. But he’s back on his game, and if Rivers is going to rediscover his rhythm, Jackson should be part of that reemergence as well.
- Wide Receiver – Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys): Bryant has had his ups and downs this season (with both very high highs and very low lows), but the Cowboys are facing a Bills team that has given up a lot of fantasy points to wide receivers. Translation: strong opportunity for Bryant to have one of his peak weeks.
- Tight End – Aaron Hernandez (New England Patriots): Tom Brady loves throwing to his tight ends almost as much as he he loves throwing to Wes Welker. He is particularly fond of finding his TEs against the Jets to neutralize the strength of New York’s defensive backs. I’ve already played Gronkowski, so now it is Hernandez’s turns.
- Kicker – Alex Henery (Philadelphia Eagles): There is nothing like coming off a tough loss like the Eagles suffered at the hands of the Bears like playing a team as lowly as the Cardinals. It’s hard to believe that Henery won’t have some opportunities to kick the ball through the uprights.
- Team Defense – Detroit Lions:
The Lions lead SFF in Defensive fantasy points and are 10th in the NFL’s overall defensive rankings (6th against the pass)–one of many reason Detroit is a vastly improved team this season.
One Response to “2011 NFL Week 10 Fantasy Football Picks”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.