2011 NFL Week 8 Fantasy Football PicksThursday, October 27, 2011 22:19
2011 NFL Week 8 fantasy football player picks.
2011 NFL Week 8 Fantasy Football
Week 7 of Suicide Fantasy Football saw me come back to earth after several high flying weeks. I dropped to #4 in the overall standings but am only a few points out of third.
Hopefully Week 8 will see me get back on track. The good news is that I do feel somewhat better going into Week 8 than I did going into Week 7:
- Quarterback – Eli Manning (New York Giants): I hate, hate, hate Eli Manning and believe him to be one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the league. But the Dolphins are bad, bad, bad, so if there ever were a week for Eli to shine, this is it.
- Running Back – Ahmad Bradshaw (New York Giants): Remember what I said about Miami? And, unlike Manning, I actually like Bradshaw. Should be a banner week for the G-men.
- Running Back – Darren Sproles (New Orleans Saints): He may be the little guy compared to Mark Ingram in the Saints backfield, but his rushing totals are only slightly behind Ingram’s and Sproles is a much more potent back when it comes to receiving. And with Drew Brees at QB, receptions are always part of the picture. That’s not to mention that facing the woeful Rams, all of the Saints offense should be on fire.
- Wide Receiver – Marques Colston (New Orleans Saints): Remember what I said about St. Louis? Déjà vu all over again–I sound like a broken record this week. But when you have the NFL’s haves facing their most seriously have-nots, it is truly hard to resist not picking multiple players from the good teams.
- Wide Receiver – A.J. Green (Cincinnati Bengals): The Bengals have been one of the most pleasant surprises in the league this year, largely due to the rookie tandem of QB Andy Dalton and WR A.J. Green, who both rank amongst the steals of the 2011 draft. This week is my turn to run out Green; I know I’ll be playing Dalton sometime in the not too distant future.
- Tight End – Fred Davis (Washington Redskins): Davis has been John Beck’s favorite target and with so many injuries in the Redskins receiving corps, that situation is not about to change. The Bills always seems to be susceptible to tight ends to boot.
- Kicker – John Kasay (New Orleans Saints): I’m tripling up with the Saints this week, but it never hurts to throw in the kicker on a squad from which you already expect an offensive explosion. Kasay has been one of the most productive kickers in the league in 2011, and with good reason considering the Saints’ offensive weapons.
- Team Defense – San Francisco 49ers:
The Browns have the 22nd ranked pass, 29th ranked rush, and 23rd overall offense. The Niners are only middling against the pass but #2 against the run. Tis the perfect week for San Francisco to shine.
One Response to “2011 NFL Week 8 Fantasy Football Picks”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.