2011 NFL Week 7 Fantasy Football PicksFriday, October 21, 2011 23:00
2011 NFL Week 7 fantasy football player picks.
2011 NFL Week 7 Fantasy Football
Week 6 of Suicide Fantasy Football was a near replica of Week 5 for me. Very strong, but not over the moon like Week 4. That consistency over the last three weeks has me holding steady at #2 in the standings.
I will be very happy to maintain this pace for as long as I can. Let’s go week by week…starting right now with Week 7:
- Quarterback – Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh Steelers): Pittsburgh finally seems to have found its rhythm, lending credence to the Steelers being one of those teams that suffered due to the lockout. Roethlisberger did not light it up in Week 6 against Jacksonville the same way he did against Tennessee in Week 5, but has a good chance to do so this week against Arizona’s 20th ranked pass defense.
- Running Back – Ryan Mathews (San Diego Chargers): Mathews has emerged to take some of the load off Phillip Rivers’s back after the departure of Darren Sproles. That balance has led San Diego to a 4-1 start, one of only three one-loss teams in the AFC. The Chargers face the Jets in New York this week. The Jets D simply has not been the same this year–especially against the run, against which New York is ranked #28.
- Running Back – Beanie Wells (Arizona Cardinals): Wells was a tough call. Arizona has not had much going for them this year. Week 5 was his worst showing of the year (only 60 yards), but that comes on the heels of his best performance of the year in Week 4 (138 yards, 3 touchdowns). He’s had at least 1 TD in every game, so hopefully that consistency continues. Pittsburgh is an interesting story on defense–best in the league overall, but only middling vs. the run.
- Wide Receiver – Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City Chiefs): Another good player on a bad team. Bowe had his best game of the season last week against the lowly Colts. This week he has the Raiders, who have been heavily victimized by the passing attack–#28, ten spots lower than Indianapolis.
- Wide Receiver – Miles Austin (Dallas Cowboys): After missing three weeks, Austin came back with a so-so game against New England. First games back after injury can often be that way. Austin is usually the picture of consistency, and now that he should have his sea legs back, look to him to return to form.
- Tight End – Owen Daniels (Houston Texans): With Andre Johnson still out, Schaub will continue to rely on his secondary options including Daniels. Ironically, he had his worst game of the season last week, but he has always fared decently against the Titans, who have been generous to tight ends in 2011.
- Kicker – Dan Bailey (Dallas Cowboys): Bailey has been the best kicker in the league so far this year, leading SFF in 45 fantasy points. The Rams have the 30th best (worst) defense. That translates to kicking opportunities of some sort or the other.
- Team Defense – Chicago Bears:
Da Bears defense is somewhat of a conundrum–only the 29th rated D, but fourth in fantasy points. And we all remember what happened to Tampa Bay a couple of weeks ago…
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.