2011 NFL Week 3 Fantasy Football PicksFriday, September 23, 2011 14:29
2011 NFL Week 3 fantasy football player picks.
2011 NFL Week 3 Fantasy Football
Ugh. I did not have a strong showing in Week 2 of Suicide Fantasy Football, experiencing a steep fall-off from a respectable but not brilliant Week 1.
The only positive thing that can be said for my picks so far is that since several of my Week 1 players suffered injuries, at least I had the opportunity to use the players. Considering that at the end of the season last year I was struggling to find decent players to use, I am glad that had that chance, since otherwise they would (or may) have been lost.
Week 3 cannot get much worse than Week 2. Game odds from Doc’s Sports Service: http://www.docsports.com/week-3-nfl-odds.html.
- Quarterback – Tom Brady (New England Patriots): He’s Tom Brady. Does one need any other reason? Is there ever a bad time to play Brady? The scary thing is, over the last couple of years he may be playing his best football yet–Brady is actually becoming a better quarterback ten years into his career.
- Running Back – Maurice Jones-Drew (Jacksonville Jaguars): Although not off to a particularly strong 2011, Jones-Drew has been a steady performer throughout his career. This week MJD and the Jaguars are playing in Carolina. Even at 0-2, the Panthers are much improved over 2010, but that improvement has been all on offense with Cam Newton at QB.
- Running Back – LeSean McCoy (Philadelphia Eagles): Even if Michael Vick does play after his concussion, the Eagles will be relying on the running game a lot more this coming Sunday against the Giants, which should equate to a lot of touches for McCoy.
- Wide Receiver – Mike Wallace (Pittsburgh Steelers): The Steelers rebounded nicely in Week 2 from the Week 1 Baltimore debacle. Wallace has become Roethlisberger’s goto and that should continue against a Colts team which is in complete disarray. Although the Colts defense is somewhere in the middle of the pack, Indy’s offense is abysmal, so the Steelers may get the ball back often.
- Wide Receiver – Steve Smith (Caroline Panthers): As I said previously, the Panthers are much improved–and all on offense. Smith’s career has reinvigorated as Cam Newton’s favorite target. I still expect Newton at some point to crash back to earth–not to flop, just to have some rookie struggles–but not this week.
- Tight End – Rob Gronkowski (New England Patriots): The danger of picking any New England receiver is that the Patriots have so many receiving weapons that you never know who Brady is going to favor on any given week. Still, Gronkowski has been hit more often than not lately, especially down at the goal line, racking up the touchdowns.
- Kicker – David Akers (San Francisco 49ers): There are several kickers off to equally good starts, so this was probably my toughest pick of the week, somewhat of a crapshoot. The Niners are looking pretty decent and will move the ball, so Akers should have some chances.
- Team Defense – Green Bay Packers:
The Packers have it all going on, offensively and defensively. Chicago impressed in Week 1 but immediately deflated against the Saints in Week 2. Which are the real Bears? Doesn’t matter in this game against the Pack.
One Response to “2011 NFL Week 3 Fantasy Football Picks”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.